Learn what we call a room
with a view. Experience it for yourself.
Our clean, safe treated lumber products offer locked-in protection against the elements. Termites, water, fungus — wood has a lot of enemies.
Treated wood is a practical, resilient and popular product used in a wide variety of building applications. Spartanburg Forest Products offers a diverse inventory of pressure treated wood including above ground pressure treated lumber, ground contact pressure treated wood, and water repellent decking products.
Pressure treating is a process that forces a chemical preservative into the wood. The wood is placed into a holding tank, and the tank is depressurized to remove all the air. The tank is then filled with the preservative under high pressure, forcing it deep into the wood. The tank is then drained and the wood is removed. It is then prepared for shipment.
Safety is a high priority of ours and we want you to be safe as well. Here are a few safety tips you should abide by when dealing with pressure treated wood.
- Pressure treated wood should not be burned except by professionals.
- Do not use pressure treated wood for cutting boards or any other surface where you will be preparing food.
- Pressure treated wood is for outdoor use only – there are exceptions however, please consult with your building inspector before using treated lumber indoors.
Applications for treated wood include:
- 1. Decking
- 2. Fencing
- 3. Gazebos
- 4. Landscaping
- 5. Outdoor Furniture
- 6. Permanent Wood Foundations
- 7. Piers and Docks
- 8. Planter Boxes
- 9. Playground Equipment
- 10. Raised Garden Beds
- 11. Sign and Mailbox Posts
- 12. Steps
- 13. Storage Sheds
- 14. Transmission Poles
- 15. Trellises and Lattices
- 16. Walkways
- 17. Wood Bridges
- 18. Wood Siding
Our pressure treated wood showcases the latest technology and innovations in the market, offering benefits such as resistance to termite attack and fungal decay.